Instructions for Fixing Errors on 1963 D Penny with “In God We Trust” Error
The 1963 D penny is a rare coin that is highly sought after by collectors. However, some of these coins have an error that can affect their value. The error is the missing “In God We Trust” motto on the reverse side of the coin. If you have a 1963 D penny with this error, you may be wondering how to fix it. In this article, we will provide you with instructions on how to fix errors on a 1963 D penny with the “In God We Trust” error.
What You Will Need
Before you start fixing the error on your 1963 D penny, you will need to gather a few things. Here is a list of what you will need:
- A 1963 D penny with the “In God We Trust” error
- A magnifying glass
- A soft-bristled brush
- A polishing cloth
- A coin holder or case
- A jeweler’s loupe
- A small paintbrush
- A toothpick
- A small amount of acetone
Now that you have everything you need, it’s time to start fixing the error on your 1963 D penny. Follow these instructions carefully:
Step 1: Inspect the Coin
The first thing you need to do is inspect the coin using a magnifying glass or jeweler’s loupe. Look for any signs of damage or wear on the coin. If the coin is damaged or worn, it may not be worth fixing the error.
Step 2: Clean the Coin
Once you have inspected the coin, you need to clean it. Use a soft-bristled brush to gently remove any dirt or debris from the surface of the coin. Be careful not to scratch the surface of the coin.
Step 3: Remove Any Residue
If there is any residue on the coin, such as glue or tape, you need to remove it. Use a small amount of acetone on a soft cloth to gently remove the residue. Be careful not to use too much acetone, as it can damage the surface of the coin.
Step 4: Apply Paint
To fix the error on your 1963 D penny, you will need to apply paint to the reverse side of the coin. Use a small paintbrush to carefully apply the paint to the area where the “In God We Trust” motto should be. Be sure to use a paint color that matches the rest of the coin.
Step 5: Remove Excess Paint
After you have applied the paint, use a toothpick to carefully remove any excess paint from the surface of the coin. Be careful not to scratch the surface of the coin.
Step 6: Polish the Coin
Once the paint has dried, use a polishing cloth to gently polish the surface of the coin. Be careful not to rub too hard, as this can damage the surface of the coin.
Step 7: Store the Coin
Finally, store the coin in a coin holder or case to protect it from damage. Be sure to label the holder or case with the date and the fact that the coin has been repaired.
Fixing errors on a 1963 D penny with the “In God We Trust” error can be a delicate process. However, with the right tools and instructions, you can fix the error and restore the value of your coin. Remember to be careful and take your time when working on your coin, and always store it in a safe place to protect it from damage.
You are looking : 1963 d penny in god we trust error
You can refer more 9 1963 d penny in god we trust error below
- Descriptions: 1963 D penny error penny in good condition. $2,000.00 ; 1963 D Lincoln Memorial Penny Cent RARE And Double Die Date Error. $69.99 ; 1963 D LINCOLN MEMORIAL PENNY …
- Website : https://www.ebay.com/b/Lincoln-Memorial-Penny-Denver-1963-US-Coin-Errors/524/bn_112546365
- Descriptions: Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1963 D Lincoln Penny Error DDO MS Uncirculated red at the best online prices at eBay!
- Website : https://www.ebay.com/itm/264989709875
- Website : https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DuEioDHncaRQ
- Descriptions: Our price guide shows the value of a 1963-D Lincoln Memorial Cent. … Obverse: LIBERTY; Date; IN GOD WE TRUST; D (Denver) | Reverse: UNITED STATES OF …
- Website : https://coinappraiser.com/coins/value-of-1963-d-lincoln-memorial-cent/
- Website : https://www.cointalk.com/threads/1963-d-penny-error.357226/
- Descriptions: These coins were mis-struck due to either poor alignment of the dies or the coin being off center on the press upon its strike. How much is this type of error …
- Website : https://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/1963-penny-value/
- Website : https://www.etsy.com/market/1963_d_penny
- Descriptions: 1963-D 1c RD MS · Greysheet Catalog Details · Obverse: Bust of Abraham Lincoln framed by IN GOD WE TRUST on the top periphery. · Reverse: Lincoln memorial building …
- Website : https://www.greysheet.com/coin-prices/item/1963-d-1c-lincoln-cent-red-surfaces/2351
- Website : https://www.the-sun.com/money/6955837/valuable-lincoln-penny-details/
Leave a Reply