Instructions for Fixing Errors on 2013 Perry’s Victory Quarter Errors
The 2013 Perry’s Victory Quarter is a coin that was released by the United States Mint in honor of the Battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812. However, some of these coins were released with errors that have caused confusion among collectors. In this article, we will provide instructions for fixing errors on 2013 Perry’s Victory Quarter errors.
Identifying the Errors
The first step in fixing errors on 2013 Perry’s Victory Quarter errors is to identify the errors. There are two main errors that have been reported on these coins:
Die Clash Error
The die clash error occurs when the obverse and reverse dies of the coin come into contact with each other without a planchet (blank coin) in between. This results in a faint image of the reverse design appearing on the obverse side of the coin. To identify this error, look for a faint image of the Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial on the obverse side of the coin.
Double Die Error
The double die error occurs when the coin is struck twice with the same die, resulting in a doubled image on the coin. To identify this error, look for a doubling of the lettering and design elements on the coin.
Fixing the Errors
Once you have identified the error on your 2013 Perry’s Victory Quarter, you can take steps to fix it. Here are some instructions for fixing each type of error:
Fixing the Die Clash Error
To fix the die clash error on your 2013 Perry’s Victory Quarter, you will need a soft-bristled brush, a mild soap solution, and a soft cloth. Follow these steps:
1. Mix a small amount of mild soap with warm water in a bowl.
2. Dip the soft-bristled brush into the soap solution and gently brush the affected area of the coin.
3. Rinse the coin with warm water and dry it with a soft cloth.
Be careful not to scrub too hard or use any abrasive materials, as this can damage the coin.
Fixing the Double Die Error
Fixing the double die error on your 2013 Perry’s Victory Quarter is more difficult, as it requires professional intervention. You will need to take your coin to a reputable coin dealer or grading service to have it examined and authenticated. If the error is confirmed, the coin can be sent to a professional coin grader who can attempt to remove the doubled image using a process called “reduction polishing.” However, this process is risky and can potentially damage the coin, so it should only be attempted by a professional.
Fixing errors on 2013 Perry’s Victory Quarter errors can be a challenging process, but with the right tools and knowledge, it can be done. By identifying the type of error on your coin and following the appropriate steps, you can restore your coin to its original condition and preserve its value for years to come.
You are looking : 2013 perry’s victory quarter errors
You can refer more 9 2013 perry’s victory quarter errors below
- Website : https://markedmoney.tech/2013-ohio-quarter/
- Website : https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DfDdj6uX1M90
- Descriptions: 2013 Perry’s Victory Quarter Error, Wrinkle on the coat … The US mint released the Perry’s Victory Quarter April 1, 2013, the 17th release of the America the …
- Website : https://moneydetails.net/2013-perrys-victory-quarter-errors/
- Descriptions: Get the best deals on America the Beautiful Quarter 2013 US Coin Errors when you shop the largest … 2013-P PARKS QUARTER PERRY’S VICTORY COIN CLAD ERROR.
- Website : https://www.ebay.com/b/America-the-Beautiful-Quarter-2013-US-Coin-Errors/524/bn_112544326
- Descriptions: It looks like there is die doubling on the reverse of the 2013 Ohio quarter in ‘Perry’s Victory’. Edited by spydercoin 12/06/2020 6:42 pm.
- Website : https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp%3FTOPIC_ID%3D387763
- Descriptions: 2013 perrys victory quarter error. 1.9M views. Discover videos related to 2013 perrys victory quarter error on TikTok. Videos. blackboxcharlie.
- Website : https://www.tiktok.com/discover/2013-perrys-victory-quarter-error
- Website : https://www.cointalk.com/threads/2013-d-ohio-quarter-possible-error.270912/
- Website : http://coinauctionshelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D11100
- Descriptions: 2013-D US Ohio Perry’s Victory Quarter Error Cancelled Waffle Coin · $6.99 + $1.99 Shipping · $6.99 + $1.99 Shipping · $0.99 · $25.00 · $40.00 · $58.50 · $3.00.
- Website : https://mavin.io/item/2013%253DD-US-Ohio-Perry%2527s-Victory-Quarter-Error-Cancelled-Waffle-Coin%3FitemId%3D133103171921%26q%3D2013%2520D%2520quarter
Leave a Reply