2014 Subaru Outback Backup Camera Replacement: A Comprehensive Guide
If you own a 2014 Subaru Outback, you know how important it is to have a functioning backup camera. Not only does it make reversing easier and safer, but it also helps you avoid accidents and potential damage to your vehicle. However, if your backup camera is malfunctioning or broken, you may need to replace it. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to replace your 2014 Subaru Outback backup camera.
Step 1: Gather the Necessary Tools and Materials
Before you begin the replacement process, you will need to gather the necessary tools and materials. Here is a list of what you will need:
- Flathead screwdriver
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Trim removal tool
- Socket wrench set
- New backup camera
- Electrical tape
Step 2: Remove the Old Backup Camera
The first step in replacing your 2014 Subaru Outback backup camera is to remove the old one. Here’s how:
- Open the trunk of your vehicle and locate the backup camera.
- Using a flathead screwdriver, gently pry off the plastic cover that surrounds the camera.
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver, remove the screws that hold the camera in place.
- Disconnect the wiring harness that connects the camera to the vehicle.
- Remove the old camera from the vehicle.
Step 3: Install the New Backup Camera
Now that you have removed the old backup camera, it’s time to install the new one. Here’s how:
- Take the new backup camera and connect the wiring harness to the vehicle.
- Place the new camera in the same location as the old one.
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver, secure the camera in place with the screws.
- Replace the plastic cover that surrounds the camera.
- Test the new backup camera to ensure that it is functioning properly.
Step 4: Secure the Wiring Harness
After installing the new backup camera, it’s important to secure the wiring harness to prevent any future issues. Here’s how:
- Using electrical tape, wrap the wiring harness around the existing wiring in the vehicle.
- Ensure that the wiring harness is secure and will not come loose while driving.
Step 5: Test the New Backup Camera
Once you have completed the installation process and secured the wiring harness, it’s time to test the new backup camera. Here’s how:
- Start your vehicle and put it in reverse.
- Check the display screen to ensure that the new backup camera is functioning properly.
- If the camera is not working, double-check the wiring harness and connections to ensure that everything is properly connected.
Replacing your 2014 Subaru Outback backup camera may seem like a daunting task, but with the right tools and materials, it can be done easily and quickly. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can replace your backup camera and ensure that your vehicle is safe and functional. Remember to always test the new camera before driving to ensure that it is working properly. If you have any questions or concerns, consult a professional mechanic or contact your local Subaru dealership for assistance.
You are looking : 2014 subaru outback backup camera replacement
You can refer more 10 2014 subaru outback backup camera replacement below
- Descriptions: 2010-2014 Subaru Outback Backup Camera Replacement · Step 1: Helpful Hints · Step 2: Remove Screw Under Handle · Step 3: Remove Upper Liftgate Trim Piece · Step 4: …
- Website : https://www.instructables.com/2010-2014-Subaru-Outback-Backup-Camera-Replacement/
- Website : https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DWXlM1HzzXts
- Descriptions: for Subaru Outback 2009~2014 Car Rear View Camera+8LED Back Up Reverse Parking Camera/Plug Directly ; Installation Type. Surface Mount ; Video Capture Resolution.
- Website : https://www.amazon.com/Outback-2009-2014-Reverse-Parking-Directly/dp/B07NV67V45
- Descriptions: 2010-2014 Subaru part # 86267AJ10B – Camera. … Fits Outback Park Assist Camera Do you have a cloudy image or no picture at all From your backup camera?
- Website : https://www.subaruparts.com/oem-parts/subaru-camera-86267aj10b
- Descriptions: Let our experts inspect the park assist camera in your Subaru Outback and repair or replace it with Subaru parts and tools. 25 people have looked at this part …
- Website : https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru__Outback/Camera-ASSEMBRY-Rear-View-R-V-Camera-OBK/62881502/86267AL50A.html
- Website : https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/gen-4-oem-backup-camera-replacement.412730/
- Descriptions: Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Genuine Subaru 2010-2014 Legacy Outback Rear View Backup Camera 86267AJ10B OEM at the best …
- Website : https://www.ebay.com/itm/142929743719
- Descriptions: HD Auto Car Reverse Rear View Backup Camera For Subaru BRZ 2013 2014 2015 … Backup Camera + Replacement Mirror Monitor for Subaru Forester/ Outback/ …
- Website : https://www.ebay.com/b/Subaru-Backup-Camera/149976/bn_7023326596
- Descriptions: This OEM backup camera for Subaru Forester / Outback / Impreza is designed to replace your rear light, while this rear view mirror monitor is also designed …
- Website : https://oembackupcam.com/product/backup-camera-for-subaru-forester-outback-impreza/
- Descriptions: Master Tailgaters Replacement for Subaru Outback Backup Camera (2015, 2018-2019) OE Part # 86267AL00A Replaces Model Number: 86267AL00A For use with: Subaru …
- Website : https://www.mastertailgaters.com/products/subaru-outback-backup-camera-2015-2018-2019-oe-part-86267al00a
Leave a Reply