Instructions for Fixing Errors Error Code 1355 Join Domain
When trying to join a domain, you may encounter an error code 1355. This error code indicates that the domain controller cannot be contacted or is not available. This can be frustrating, especially if you need to join the domain to access network resources. However, there are several steps you can take to fix this error. In this article, we will provide you with detailed instructions on how to fix error code 1355 when joining a domain.
Step 1: Check Network Connectivity
The first step in fixing error code 1355 is to check your network connectivity. Make sure that your computer is connected to the network and that you can access other network resources. You can do this by pinging other computers on the network or by accessing network shares.
If you are unable to access other network resources, check your network settings. Make sure that your computer is configured with the correct IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway. You can check these settings by opening the Command Prompt and typing “ipconfig /all”.
Step 2: Check DNS Settings
The next step is to check your DNS settings. Error code 1355 can occur if your computer is unable to resolve the domain name to an IP address. Make sure that your computer is configured with the correct DNS server address. You can check this by opening the Command Prompt and typing “ipconfig /all”. Look for the “DNS Servers” line and make sure that it contains the correct DNS server address.
If your DNS settings are correct, try flushing the DNS cache. You can do this by opening the Command Prompt and typing “ipconfig /flushdns”. This will clear the DNS cache and force your computer to re-query the DNS server.
Step 3: Check Firewall Settings
Error code 1355 can also occur if your firewall is blocking the connection to the domain controller. Make sure that your firewall is configured to allow traffic to and from the domain controller. You can do this by opening the Windows Firewall settings and adding an exception for the domain controller.
If you are using a third-party firewall, check the documentation for instructions on how to configure it to allow traffic to and from the domain controller.
Step 4: Check Domain Controller Settings
If you have checked your network connectivity, DNS settings, and firewall settings and are still encountering error code 1355, the issue may be with the domain controller. Make sure that the domain controller is powered on and connected to the network. You can also try restarting the domain controller to see if that resolves the issue.
If you are still unable to join the domain, contact your network administrator for assistance. They may need to check the domain controller logs or perform additional troubleshooting steps.
Error code 1355 can be frustrating when trying to join a domain, but there are several steps you can take to fix the issue. By checking your network connectivity, DNS settings, firewall settings, and domain controller settings, you can resolve the issue and join the domain. If you are still unable to join the domain, contact your network administrator for assistance.
You are looking : error code 1355 join domain
You can refer more 9 error code 1355 join domain below
- Descriptions: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. When I pull up the log files from my windows 8 PC, I find this error in …
- Website : https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/c61f82a2-ce16-4515-8e3c-9104f8a32a2e/newbie-question-joining-domain-error-1355%3Fforum%3DwinserverDS
- Descriptions: When attempting to join a computer to a domain using workstation updater you receive error 1355. This error means that the specified 4329458.
- Website : https://support.quest.com/zh-cn/kb/31265/workstation-update-fails-trying-to-join-computer-to-domain-error-1355
- Website : https://www.danielbrown.id.au/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx%3FID%3D142
- Website : https://www.prajwaldesai.com/fix-sccm-extend-ad-schema-error-code-1355/
- Descriptions: Hi all, I have SBS 2003 domain controller and there is a problem with new release Win10 1803. When I make clean install (ISO), it cannot join DC …
- Website : https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/91627-cannot-connect-domain-error-1355-a.html
- Website : https://www.risual.com/2019/10/azure-domain-join-extension-error-1-meaning-user-specified-without-netsetupacctcreate-error-code-1355/
- Descriptions: 1. Permissions: make sure the account that you use has the appropriate permissions (you need full control if I remember well) on the appropriate · 2. Group …
- Website : https://microsoft.public.sms.admin.narkive.com/GAseAGzZ/cannot-update-active-directory-error-code-1355
- Descriptions: Error 1355 is The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. Usually that is related to a DNS problem. For checking DNS, use the command …
- Website : https://kb.eventtracker.com/evtpass/evtpages/EventId_2510_Server_43872.asp
- Descriptions: Here are the top 10 reasons that an attempt to join a domain fails: … Error: LW_ERROR_KRB5KDC_ERR_C_PRINCIPAL_UNKNOWN [code 0x0000a309] Client not found …
- Website : https://www.beyondtrust.com/docs/ad-bridge/how-to/troubleshoot/domain-join/index.htm
Leave a Reply