Instructions for Fixing Errors F3 Error Code Whirlpool Oven
Whirlpool ovens are known for their durability and reliability. However, like any other appliance, they can develop faults over time. One of the most common errors that Whirlpool oven users encounter is the F3 error code. This error code indicates that there is a problem with the oven temperature sensor. In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to fix the F3 error code on your Whirlpool oven.
What is the F3 Error Code?
The F3 error code on a Whirlpool oven indicates that there is a problem with the oven temperature sensor. The temperature sensor is responsible for monitoring the temperature inside the oven and sending the information to the control board. If the temperature sensor is faulty, it can cause the oven to overheat or underheat, resulting in the F3 error code.
Step 1: Turn off the Power
Before you start fixing the F3 error code on your Whirlpool oven, you need to turn off the power. This is important to prevent any electrical shock or damage to the oven. To turn off the power, locate the circuit breaker that controls the oven and switch it off.
Step 2: Remove the Temperature Sensor
The next step is to remove the temperature sensor from the oven. The temperature sensor is usually located at the back of the oven, near the top. To remove the sensor, you need to unscrew the mounting screws and gently pull it out.
Step 3: Check the Sensor for Damage
Once you have removed the temperature sensor, you need to check it for any damage. Look for any signs of wear and tear, such as cracks or breaks. If the sensor is damaged, you need to replace it with a new one.
Step 4: Test the Sensor
If the sensor looks fine, you need to test it to see if it is working properly. To test the sensor, you need a multimeter. Set the multimeter to the ohms setting and touch the two probes to the two terminals on the sensor. The reading should be between 1000 and 1100 ohms at room temperature. If the reading is outside this range, the sensor is faulty and needs to be replaced.
Step 5: Replace the Sensor
If the sensor is faulty, you need to replace it with a new one. You can purchase a replacement sensor from a Whirlpool dealer or an appliance parts store. To replace the sensor, simply insert it into the mounting bracket and screw it in place.
Step 6: Test the Oven
Once you have replaced the temperature sensor, you need to test the oven to see if the F3 error code has been resolved. Turn on the power and set the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wait for the oven to heat up and check the temperature with a thermometer. If the temperature is accurate, the F3 error code has been fixed.
The F3 error code on a Whirlpool oven can be frustrating, but it is usually easy to fix. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can diagnose and repair the problem yourself. If you are not comfortable working with electrical appliances, it is always best to seek the help of a professional. With a little bit of effort, you can have your Whirlpool oven up and running again in no time.
You are looking : f3 error code whirlpool oven
You can refer more 9 f3 error code whirlpool oven below
- Website : https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D0nfdm1PvMCI
- Descriptions: F3 – Open Oven Temperature Sensor (RTD) – Replace oven temperature sensor (RTD). F4 – Shorted Oven Temperature Sensor (RTD) – Replace oven temperature sensor ( …
- Website : https://www.partselect.com/JustForFun/Whirlpool-Appliance-Fault-Codes.htm
- Website : https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/whirlpool-oven-f3-error-code.10691/
- Descriptions: This particular fault code indicates something is wrong with the temperature sensor circuit in the oven – which could mean anything from a bad wiring connection …
- Website : https://www.funktionalhome.com/whirlpool-oven-f3e2/
- Website : https://removeandreplace.com/2021/06/04/fix-error-code-e4-f3-on-a-whirlpool-electric-range/
- Website : https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/whirlpool-oven-f3-code/
- Website : https://appliancerepairguides.com/whirlpool-range-f3e0-explained/
- Website : https://howtofixit.net/whirlpool-oven-with-locked-door-e2-f3-what-is-it-and-how-to-unlock-it/
- Descriptions: F3 means that your oven sensor thinks the oven is way to hot and is on fire. You’ll need to order and replace the oven sensor inside the …
- Website : https://www.justanswer.com/appliance/3yb5k-whirlpool-wall-oven-locked-show-error-code-f3.html
Leave a Reply