Instructions for Fixing Errors: How to Fix Error 404 on Android
Error 404 is a common error that occurs when a user tries to access a webpage that does not exist. This error can be frustrating, especially when it occurs on your Android device. However, fixing error 404 on Android is not as difficult as it may seem. In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to fix error 404 on Android.
What is Error 404?
Error 404 is an HTTP status code that indicates that the server cannot find the requested resource. This error occurs when a user tries to access a webpage that does not exist or has been removed. When you encounter error 404 on your Android device, it means that the server could not find the webpage you are trying to access.
Causes of Error 404 on Android
There are several reasons why you may encounter error 404 on your Android device. Some of the common causes include:
- Incorrect URL
- Deleted or moved webpage
- Server issues
- Internet connectivity issues
How to Fix Error 404 on Android
Now that you know what error 404 is and its common causes, let’s look at how to fix it on your Android device.
Method 1: Check the URL
The first thing you should do when you encounter error 404 on your Android device is to check the URL. Ensure that you have typed the correct URL and that there are no typos. If you are not sure about the URL, try searching for the webpage on Google or another search engine.
Method 2: Clear Cache and Data
Clearing the cache and data of your browser can help fix error 404 on your Android device. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings on your Android device
- Scroll down and select Apps or Application Manager
- Select the browser you are using
- Tap on Storage
- Select Clear Cache and Clear Data
- Restart your browser and try accessing the webpage again
Method 3: Restart Your Device
Restarting your Android device can help fix error 404. Here’s how to do it:
- Press and hold the power button on your Android device
- Select Restart or Reboot
- Wait for your device to restart
- Try accessing the webpage again
Method 4: Check Your Internet Connection
Error 404 can also occur due to internet connectivity issues. Ensure that your device is connected to the internet and that the signal strength is strong. You can also try switching to a different network or resetting your network settings.
Method 5: Contact the Website Owner
If none of the above methods work, it is possible that the webpage you are trying to access has been permanently removed. In this case, you can contact the website owner and ask them to restore the webpage.
Error 404 can be frustrating, but it is not a difficult problem to fix. By following the above methods, you can easily fix error 404 on your Android device. Remember to check the URL, clear cache and data, restart your device, check your internet connection, and contact the website owner if necessary.
You are looking : how to fix error 404 on android
You can refer more 9 how to fix error 404 on android below
- Descriptions: The first is to clear the cache and data for the Google Play Store app. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store and tapping Clear Data.
- Website : https://deletingsolutions.com/how-to-fix-error-404-on-android/
- Website : https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dgc9CcF_qL-A
- Website : https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DR_M8keSFrB8
- Website : https://www.techmesto.com/google-play-store-download-error-404/
- Website : https://techshift.net/how-do-i-fix-error-404-on-android-chrome/
- Descriptions: solution 1 · Go to Settings. · Then, click on Apps. · Now, scroll down and look for Google Play Store app. Click on it. · Here, you will see three …
- Website : https://wikitechsolutions.com/183925/how-to-fix-google-play-store-error-404-in-android
- Website : https://www.lifewire.com/404-not-found-error-explained-2622936%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest
- Descriptions: How to fix YouTube error 404 on android? · CHECK THE URL: · TURN ON BACKGROUND DATA: · CLEAR CACHE ON YOUTUBE:.
- Website : https://howtosetup.co/how-to-fix-youtube-error-404-on-android/
- Website : https://www.wpoven.com/blog/error-404-not-found/
Leave a Reply