2013 Ford Explorer Backup Camera Replacement: A Comprehensive Guide
If you own a 2013 Ford Explorer, you know how important it is to have a functioning backup camera. Not only does it make reversing easier and safer, but it also helps you avoid accidents and potential damage to your vehicle. However, if your backup camera is malfunctioning or broken, you may need to replace it. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to replace your 2013 Ford Explorer backup camera.
Step 1: Gather the Necessary Tools and Materials
Before you begin the replacement process, you will need to gather the necessary tools and materials. Here is a list of what you will need:
- Socket wrench set
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Trim removal tool
- New backup camera
- Electrical tape
Step 2: Remove the Old Backup Camera
The first step in replacing your 2013 Ford Explorer backup camera is to remove the old one. Here’s how:
- Open the trunk of your vehicle and locate the backup camera.
- Using a trim removal tool, gently pry off the plastic cover that surrounds the camera.
- Using a socket wrench set, remove the bolts that hold the camera in place.
- Disconnect the wiring harness that connects the camera to the vehicle’s electrical system.
- Remove the old backup camera from the vehicle.
Step 3: Install the New Backup Camera
Now that you have removed the old backup camera, it’s time to install the new one. Here’s how:
- Take the new backup camera and connect the wiring harness to the vehicle’s electrical system.
- Using a socket wrench set, secure the camera in place with the bolts.
- Replace the plastic cover that surrounds the camera.
- Test the new backup camera to ensure that it is functioning properly.
Step 4: Secure the Wiring Harness
After you have installed the new backup camera, it’s important to secure the wiring harness to prevent it from coming loose. Here’s how:
- Using pliers, crimp the wiring harness to ensure a tight connection.
- Wrap the wiring harness with electrical tape to protect it from the elements.
Step 5: Test the New Backup Camera
Once you have secured the wiring harness, it’s time to test the new backup camera to ensure that it is functioning properly. Here’s how:
- Start your vehicle and put it in reverse.
- Check the display screen to ensure that the new backup camera is working.
- Test the camera by backing up and checking the display screen for a clear view of what’s behind you.
Replacing your 2013 Ford Explorer backup camera may seem like a daunting task, but with the right tools and materials, it can be done quickly and easily. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can replace your backup camera and ensure that your vehicle is safe and functional. Remember to always test your new backup camera before driving to ensure that it is working properly.
You are looking : 2013 ford explorer backup camera replacement
You can refer more 9 2013 ford explorer backup camera replacement below
- Website : https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DCF67sbBSGyg
- Descriptions: Master Tailgaters Replacement for Ford Explorer (2013-2015) Backup Camera OE Part # EB5Z-19G490-A, DB5Z-19G490-A ; Multiple Angles, No ; Zoom-in, Yes (3 levels) …
- Website : https://www.amazon.com/Master-Tailgaters-Replacement-2013-2015-EB5Z-19G490/dp/B07SS5KSK7
- Descriptions: Dasbecan Backup Camera Replacement Compatible with Ford Explorer 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Replaces Number BB5Z-19G490-A.
- Website : https://www.amazon.com/Dasbecan-Replacement-Compatible-2011-2015-BB5Z-19G490/dp/B08LVTBY9R
- Descriptions: Master Tailgaters Replacement Ford Explorer Backup Camera (2013-2015) OE Part # EB5Z-19G490-A, DB5Z-19G490-A. Replaces Model Number: EB5Z-19G490-A, …
- Website : https://www.mastertailgaters.com/products/ford-explorer-aftermarket-backup-camera-2013-2015-oe-part-eb5z-19g490-a
- Descriptions: This is an aftermarket backup camera, not OEM. This camera will plug into your existing wire harness. If your vehicle currently does NOT have a backup camera …
- Website : https://www.mastertailgaters.com/products/ford-explorer-aftermarket-backup-camera-2016-2018-oe-part-gb5z-19g490-c-gb5z-19g490-a
- Descriptions: Master Tailgaters Replacement Ford Explorer Backup Camera (2013-2015) OE Part # EB5Z-19G490-A, DB5Z-19G490-A ; Free shipping, arrives by Wed, May 24 ; Brand.
- Website : https://www.walmart.com/ip/Master-Tailgaters-Replacement-Ford-Explorer-Backup-Camera-2013-2015-OE-Part-EB5Z-19G490-A-DB5Z-19G490-A/770789177
- Descriptions: This OEM Integrated FORD Rear-View Backup Camera kit fits all 2011-2017 FORD EXPLORER models with SYNC & MyFord Touch Navigation Systems.
- Website : https://www.emeraldintegrations.com/ford-explorer-oem-rear-view-backup-camera-system.html
- Descriptions: New Rear View Backup Camera Fits Ford Explorer 2013-2015 EB5Z-19G490-AA Replace.
- Website : https://www.ebay.com/itm/354301262049
- Descriptions: Direct replacement for the original, broken or shabby backup camera. This backup camera for ford, mazda. For vehicles with license plates that has the backup …
- Website : https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-backup-camera-for-ford-explorer.html
Leave a Reply